AV Events- Technical Director
New York, NY
Posted Oct 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 96495
Bloomberg is a fast-paced environment that values transparency, innovation, and productivity. Our products are fueled by robust information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients around the clock - from around the world.
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain is a global function that focuses on the employee experience and delivering the right capabilities to empower our workforce. With over 20,000 employees across 176 offices around the world - collaboration is crucial. An integral part of the Workplace Operations & Supply chain operation is the Global Audio Visual Operations Team. The AV team supports the institutional collaboration technology and delivers outstanding service during events. Our service offerings fall into five distinct categories: Event Technology, UC Collaboration, AV Infrastructure, AV Design / Build Management, and Digital Signage. We facilitate real-time face-to-face interactions and connect decision-makers with information - allowing business to happen anywhere. We are vital to the firm’s scalability and provide the communication tools to achieve commercial and product development goals.
You will be responsible for driving the strategy for all technical aspects of the on-site event products to achieve the best possible outcome for our events. You’ll do this through collaborating with internal stakeholders to deliver best-in-class results while forging relationships with clients, vendors, and in-house partners alike to ensure the successful completion of every event. In addition, you’ll provide exceptional customer service and be responsible for the proper execution of all staging, audio, video, lighting, labor, and related components.
We’ll trust you to:
- Leading high profile events in all areas of planning and execution from a technical perspective
- Planning for all production/technical elements of assigned events
- Meeting regularly with the planners and leading pre-production discussions.
- Consulting and providing technical guidance with planners regarding equipment, materials, labor, and schedules to clarify event scope and meet all technical requirements
- Coordinating with event management or technical staff to ensure that all needs and requests are accommodated within schedule and technical capabilities
- Partnering with the AV engineering team to align technical capabilities of the spaces
- Determining crew calls based on production and facility requirements
- Reviewing technical crew requirements and facilitate external support as needed
- Enforcing policies and procedures around event request process
- Produce dashboards displaying success metrics for each event
- You must be able to work flexible hours and travel up to 10% of your time.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight years of live theater, touring concert, or production experience
- Expertise in event staging, sound reinforcement, production lighting, and audio & video production
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take the initiative, multi-task, and work graciously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with discretion, diplomacy, and tact in high-pressure settings
What we would love to see:
- Network security and vulnerability standard methodologies knowledge
- Agile and product development environment experience
- Experience working with and directing union and non-union personnel
- Project management or manager experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.