New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 121546
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, streaming, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
THIS ROLE WILL FOCUS PRIMARILY ON THE FOLLOWING:
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Account Director for Direct Response Advertising Sales to continue to grow our successful DR business across multiple platforms. This role will report into the Head of US Enterprise Advertising Sales.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Achieve revenue goals on a quarterly and annual basis
- Monetize and fill all DR inventory/avails on Bloomberg TV and OTT on a daily basis across all dayparts
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations to key clients and agencies at all levels
- Sell cross platform opportunities across TV, OTT, Bloomberg.com, Podcasts, Events and Radio
- Maintain solid relationships with all Direct Response Agencies/Clients across the US
- Stay on top of media trends and marketplace conditions in order to maximize revenue
- Offer white glove customer service
- 8-12 years of experience in selling Direct Response across Linear TV and OTT.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- An ability to sell at all levels with a proven track-record of exceeding goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, negotiation, problem-solving and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines when managing multiple relationships
- An ability to multi-task and work closely with cross-functional teams across the organization
- A client-service and collaborative oriented mentality with a tremendous desire to drive revenue growth
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 215,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus