Account Executive, Programmatic Sales
New York, NY
Posted Mar 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 114460
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
This role will focus primarily on continued development of the US Programmatic Market, which consistently observes record-breaking growth: You will work and build off of the foundation set by our current programmatic team to scale its strategy and approach across sales, marketing, ad ops and data.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced programmatic sales specialist to add to our growing team. You’ll be required to handle programmatic demand partners such as client in-house teams and agencies. You’ll liaise with sales and ad operations to ensure campaigns are set up for growth and success. This role will report into the Head of Programmatic Sales, Americas.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Achieve revenue goals on a quarterly and annual basis and manage a pipeline across a set list of category-based account verticals
- Be self-motivated to prospect through researching and analyzing data points, and translate these opportunities to closed business
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations to key clients at all levels
- Be motivated, resourceful, tenacious, persuasive, and compelling
- Have a team-oriented mindset and work in tandem with US sales reps to consult and support programmatic growth within their practice, by identifying advertisers in their lists and generating new business, while growing existing partnerships
- Identify what buyers and advertisers are bidding on Bloomberg inventory, and move them up the value chain and into upper funnel tactics (PMP & PG)
- Work with Head of Programmatic US Sales to ensure programmatic is evangelized across the org and that the direct sales team feels enabled to continue to sell programmatic
- Offer white glove customer service by working closely with account management to maximize campaign performance, spend, and renewal business
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with an understanding of industry trends with regards to agency trading desks & programmatic media buying strategies
- An ability to sell at all levels with a proven track-record of exceeding goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, negotiation, problem-solving and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines when managing multiple relationships
- Be able to multi-task and work closely with cross-functional teams across the organization (pricing, sales, operations, campaign managers)
- A client-service and collaborative oriented mentality with a tremendous desire to drive revenue growth
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills that extend to internal programmatic team members in pre and post-sales
- Thorough understanding of programmatic channels and ecosystem at the agency and brand level, as well as SSPs and DSPs
- Self-starting, proactive, and speedy (as the programmatic business is highly transactional)
- Strong background in video, audience and data ecosystem, ad-server logistics, auction-dynamics
- 5+ years’ experience in the digital media sales space with a track record of strong performance
- Previous experience in programmatic, data, DSPs, SSPs, or DMPs
- Experience driving results and growth in line with company objectives and goals
- Shown success launching large-scale, programmatic campaigns
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 185,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus