Account Manager – Funds Data
New York, NY
Posted Sep 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 108375
With global assets under management in the hundreds of trillions of dollars, one of the primary areas for investment is in the mutual and exchange traded products space. As a Data Account Management team, we are responsible for acquiring, categorizing, normalizing, and presenting market data pertaining to funds on the Bloomberg Terminal and within our Enterprise products.
Strong relationships with fund managers and other data providers in the funds industry is vital for building a best-in-class dataset. We oversee performance data such as pricing and assets, reference data such as strategy and fees, along with regulatory required data including ESG. Joining our wider Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, work closely with our clients, and understand their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients get access to a market leading funds data platform.
Bloomberg’s Mutual Funds data group is looking for an Account Manager to join its growing team in New York City. As part of the team focused on covering all US Mutual Funds, you will work with other Account Managers to develop deep ties with fund houses and their data providers to ensure their fund profiles are well maintained on Bloomberg. A successful Account Manager will use a deep knowledge of the funds market space to proactively enhance our product while championing our customers’ experience by the establishment of relationships for data acquisition.
We'll trust you to:
- Establish, maintain and improve data relationships with a large and diversified range of fund houses and data providers. Achieved in numerous ways, such as periodic meetings or coverage campaigns via phone and email
- Perform account audits and reviews, covering coverage, data dissemination and accuracy. These are used to report on growth, opportunities for new areas of focus and the health of the account relationship
- Assess your account universe to prioritize accounts based on current market drivers, such as ESG, new product types or regulatory changes
- Deliver product impact by using existing market knowledge or nurtured account relationships as described above to pitch, plan and complete strategic projects to acquire or create new data from your accounts, the wider market or a specific universe
- Liaise with other departments such as Product, Sales, and News to generate insights for these internal collaborators based on business needs or outcomes from your relationships
- Join one of our global project scrum teams to implement initiatives seeking to develop our dataset and workflows; focusing on areas such as coverage, accuracy and timeliness
- Assist our world-renowned support desk with client inquiries, and upskill our clients through training and client calls where necessary
- Maintain a working knowledge of the fund data space by handling client questions for the funds in your account, while monitoring trends in these queries for project ideas
- Experience working directly with clients
- Experience working in the funds or asset management asset classes, financial data procurement roles or related industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in a relationship management setting
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks in consideration of many factors accordingly
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work within multidisciplinary teams
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Experience and strong knowledge of key concepts for Mutual Funds in the US market
- Experience working in roles with aspects of data procurement
- Experience working with international business groups and clients
- Experience working in the Agile Framework
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.