Accounting Analyst - Corporate Accounting
New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2023 - Requisition No. 120183
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The Corporate Accounting team within the Chief Accounting Office of Bloomberg’s Finance Admin department is seeking an Accounting Analyst to join the team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Own departmental expenses including the recording of accruals/reclasses and approval of prepaids for assigned Business Units and liaise with Finance teams to determine accruals for certain line item expenses.
- Analyze trend reports and month over month variances for assigned Business Units and provide related commentary to management and Finance teams
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Ensure Internal Controls for area of responsibility are operating effectively
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of existing processes and propose enhancements and participate in ad hoc projects
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups and pivot tables
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and investigative skills to resolve issues and problem solve
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills Strong time management and work organization skills
We’d love to see:
- A CPA
- SAP experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 80,000 - 115,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus