Accounting Analyst- Compensation Accounting- Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Feb 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 114159
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The Compensation Accounting team within the Chief Accounting Office of Bloomberg’s Finance Admin department is seeking an Accounting Analyst to join the team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Prepare and post journal entries with an understanding of the financial accounting and business purpose of the journal entries
- Perform account reconciliations and variance analysis for both income statement and balance sheet line items (including salaries, withholding taxes, cash, etc.)
- Assist with statutory audits and year-end tax audits and other requests, as needed
- Contribute to special projects and conduct ad hoc analysis
- Partner with teams outside of Compensation Accounting to provide value added analysis
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups and pivot tables
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and investigative skills to resolve issues and problem solve
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills Strong time management and work organization skills
We’d love to see:
- A CPA
- Work experience with a strong focus in reconciliations
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 70,000 - 110,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus