Accounts Payable Representative (North America) - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted May 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 116433
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business successfully, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. We are the team to ensure that the company's payables are legitimate and accurate, and we provide professional customer service to internal and external stakeholders, as well as consistently maintain controls. In this role you will be working on various aspects of Accounts Payable processing in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will be responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned to you and to provide a positive experience for those you work with. In order to be successful, you will need strong attention to detail and be an excellent problem solver. You have the ability to balance high workload yet understand the importance of controls. You have excellent communication and prioritization skills, an ability to present ideas about process improvements and to question the status quo. You thrive in a dynamic, open-plan, team environment, and you know what customer service really means.
We'll trust you to:
- Complete Email inbox/OCR system/SAP reconciliation of incoming invoices received for North America and Latam region
- Ensure daily reconciliation is completed timely with all results documented.
- Any discrepancies identified are consolidated daily and sent to the distribution list for investigation.
- Present in team meetings reconciliation progress, issues and interdependencies
- Assist with any process documentation updates and refinement opportunities for the reconciliation process.
- Partner with regional counterparts to share recommendations to optimize/streamline the process.
- Monitor the email inboxes for invoices and validate the invoice scanned via an OCR system, confirming that all information of the invoice was properly scanned
- Assist with change management communications to our internal stakeholders, vendors, P2P teams related to invoice ingestion processes
- Monitor errors, controls and troubleshoot with technical teams on the resolution
- Comply with SLAs established and ensure any discrepancies detected are tracked via internal ticket system
- Correct data entry fields in the OCR system when necessary, perform root cause analysis and assist with change management efforts if necessary.
- Work with the Invoice Processing team and Supplier Onboarding team when vendor record requires update
- Assist with reporting and any ad-hoc request regarding vendor invoices
- Assist with any task assigned as part of Accounts Payable Month End Close process either validating, processing, vendor reach-outs, etc
- Ensure to maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Maintain a level of professionalism when providing feedback within the team, P2P areas, stakeholders etc.
- Adherence to maintain level of accuracy within our departmental policies and procedures
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous work experience with Accounts Payable (3-5 years)
- Invoice processing knowledge
- Effective corporate communications skills, both mutual and writing
- Excellent time management, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills – pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
- Written and verbal fluency in English
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum framework
- Written and verbal fluency in multiple languages
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 65,000 - 75,000 USD Annually + Benefits