Accounts Payable Representative – North America (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Nov 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 111174
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role:
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business optimally but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. We are the team to ensure that company's payables are legitimate and accurate, and we provide professional customer service to internal and external stakeholders, as well as consistently maintain controls. In this role you will be working on various aspects of Accounts Payable processing in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned to you and to provide a positive experience for those you work with. You thrive in a dynamic, open-plan, team environment, and you know what customer service really means.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger for North America
- Ensure invoices scanned into the system are reviewed with accuracy; errors actioned and completed within our established SLAs
- Process a high volume of invoices and ensure discrepancies detected are addressed within departmental SLAs established
- Ensure invoices are compliant, and that they are allocated to the accurate department, company code, vendor, Purchase Order (where applicable), and tax code
- Authoritatively deal with various internal partners and vendor queries in a timely manner, including responses to payment related issues
- Consistently meet deadlines for ad hoc accounting tasks, projects, controls, and month end activities
- Actively encourage and reinforce the use of self-servicing options to our business partners
- Learn, supervise, and handle internal processes at departmental level, troubleshot errors and be accountable to deliver to stakeholders, vendors and management with excellence
- Actively engage and adapt to various technology options – to drive greater automation and efficiencies
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience with Accounts Payable
- Invoice processing knowledge
- An ability to balance a high workload while understanding the importance of controls
- A strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills – pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum framework
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 33 - 33 USD Hourly