Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Accounts Payable and Supplier Life Cycle Management Team is a part of Bloomberg’s Global Accounting Operations department. Our team is based in the heart of the financial markets - New York City - and is responsible for the end-to-end processes of all vendor setup, invoice processing and enablement of eInvoicing solutions. In addition, we have critical data ownership responsibilities over SAP vendor and approver domains, and provide expertise in compliance and policy enforcement across the supplier workflow. We play a critical role in preparing Bloomberg’s financial risk control reports. Across everything we do, we’re dedicated to supporting Bloomberg’s suite of business products and the key stakeholders who partner with us to drive excellence and innovation. We’re looking for a motivated, proactive, analytical problem-solver to join our fast-paced environment.
You’re one of those people who:
- Are detailed-oriented with an analytical skillset
- Thrives on challenges and solving complex problems
- Enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people
- Works well independently while also having the right judgment to seek out direction when required
- Is passionate about customer service
- Has a can-do attitude
- Steps up to challenge the status quo and wants to be part of the solution
Processes and systems that you’ll be expected to know:
- Effectively use current scanning and validation technology
- Manage customer service tickets and ensure effective and timely resolution of tickets within departmental targeted SLAs
- AP processes and technologies, with the expectation that you’ll be able to explain and train end-users and/or vendors
- Process all invoice types (e.g., PO/Non-PO) as assigned by management in a timely and accurate manner
- Facilitate rush requests from end-users and/or vendors for critical payments
- Execute operational control within your daily activities
How we’d like you to partner with the business:
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/request as needed by team leaders
- Provide the highest level of customer service to our business stakeholders (e.g., vendors, end-users)
- Answer AP inquiries from vendors and internal business partners (via phone call, tickets and/or emails) in a timely manner
- Represent and speak on behalf of department’s goals and long-term plans
You’ll need to have:
- 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in customer service and accounts payable
- Ability to multi-task and deliver in accordance with aggressive timelines
- Excellent communication skills, business writing and presentation skills with personal presence to interface with senior decision-makers.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful problem-solving
- Strong work ethic with a positive, hands-on, can-do attitude
- Experience with MS Excel
We'd love to see:
- Customer service experience
- Operational experience
- Experience in handling multiple initiatives
- Procure to pay experience a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.