Activism Data Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Dec 6, 2018 - Requisition No. 72418
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for that data. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Around the clock, from around the world, our team delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Wherever a fund is in its life cycle, Bloomberg has the data, solutions and industry network to help our clients take it to the next level. We provide a suite of alternative fund solutions which give our clients a framework to make smarter, faster and more informed financial decisions. Whether investors are seeking new opportunities or control over data, our best-in-class platform offers fully integrated solutions to any workflow.
Bloomberg has launched a new product dedicated to shareholder activism, collecting critical data about activists, their campaigns and their underlying strategies. The consumption of this data continues to grow through traditional Bloomberg functions and through cutting edge products like automated news. Our shareholder activism product has grown rapidly, and our team needs a detail-oriented data analyst to ensure its continued success. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for an Activism Data Analyst to lead our activism data collection efforts in order to provide clients with live updates on market-moving activism campaigns.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Develop, collect and manage shareholder activism data sourced from regulatory filings, press releases and news articles.
- Be able to look past the headline and generate meaningful insight on activism activity for our clients.
- Research and analyze shareholder activism data to create reports on activism industry trends.
- Provide both internal support to teams across Bloomberg and external support to Bloomberg clients.
- Develop data quality metrics for identifying data-related issues.
- Be a proactive problem solver, with passion for client experience.
- Propose meaningful workflow enhancements, and advocate for process improvements.
Successful applicants will need to have:
- Zero to two years of previous work/internship experience in information technology, engineering, finance, business management, data analysis or research.
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills with the ability to break down writing into relevant pertinent data.
- A keen eye for detail.
- A can-do attitude and proactive approach to each day.
- Ability to work full-time in the United States without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
We’d love to see:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with shareholder activism and corporate governance concepts.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the hedge fund industry.
- Working knowledge of web technologies/data and text extraction.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.