Ad Product Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jun 19, 2019 - Requisition No. 75660
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Ad Product Specialist works on the creation of innovative, scalable, customized ad products and solutions within one of media's most cutting-edge spaces. An ideal candidate will have expertise leveraging premium content, data and ad technology to create products that both engage audiences and appeal to clients, across web, app, OTT, TV, audio, and social platforms. This role will collaborate globally with internal media planning, marketing, ad technology, engineering, sales, strategy and pricing representatives in conceptualizing and rolling out new innovations across the organization.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist in managing and developing a large ad product portfolio with high level of quality assurance/data integrity, including documentation of process, specs, accurately associated metadata and integrations with other systems
- Create marketplace trends and exceed client goals to develop strategies, generate use cases and drive development for cross-platform advertising innovations
- Pinpoint opportunities to intersect data, content and format to create engaging advertising experiences
- Build strong connections with our data, content and audience teams to develop powerful innovations that surprise and delight our users and advertisers
- Work with the analytics team to evaluate performance success, benchmarks and revenue driven by product catalog
- Maintain in-depth expertise in the fast evolving ad technology landscape and a strong command of partners’ capabilities and road-maps
- Contribute to integration efforts with internal business groups across edit, product, social, programmatic, account management, and technology
- Work directly with Ad Operations teams on new product ideation, development, training, and troubleshooting
- Assist in ad product feasibility reviews for management, marketing and sales
- Serve as the first point of contact for new vendor evaluation and lead the on boarding of selected ad product vendors
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working in a strategic and/or operational capacity in the conceptualizing, creation and execution of advertising products
- You are the type of person who takes intelligent risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems
- A passion for understanding the news and financial markets and the data that moves them
- Knowledge and experience with advertising systems and a detailed understanding of advertising performance metrics
- Creative thinker that is willing to challenge the norm to improve product offerings
- Articulate and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including sales and clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- A strong command of the ad technology landscape and its role in the broader advertising and marketing ecosystem
- Demonstrated experience using cross-departmental collaboration to execute and launch new products.
- Familiar with project management (especially Agile) and release management best practices
- Proven ability to independently build relationships and resolve challenges with internal teams and clients
- Digital experience required; TV, Print or Radio experience a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.