Agile Coach (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 30, 2018 - Requisition No. 68458
Bloomberg's Global Agile Team serves the organization as they transition to Agile. We are looking for an experienced Agile Coach to join us in New York as we help Bloomberg to grow and find better ways of working. You will spend your time coaching people in the business (from engineering teams, to managers and senior leaders) and collaborating with other Agile Coaches around the world on organization-wide initiatives (e.g. the creation and delivery of training programs, facilitating our Agile community events, building our Agile and Lean knowledgebase, etc.).
We'll trust you to:
- Work with development teams, managers and senior leaders across the entire organization
- Grow their practices, environment, relationships and mindsets
- Build and promote the Bloomberg Agile community
- Use your experience and knowledge to choose the appropriate tools, techniques and approaches in a variety of contexts
- Create and use a network of people to better achieve results
- Collaborate as team-mates with other Agile Coaches
You'll need to have:
- A deep understanding of Agile frameworks and Lean principles, from mindset and values to practices and tools
- Demonstrable self-growth in Agile, Lean and coaching skills
- Cognizance of the differences between coaching, mentoring, facilitating and teaching, and when each approach is applicable
- An extensive track record of success in working with development teams, managers and senior leaders as they transitioned to improved ways of working.
- An all hands-on-deck mentality to your work - depending on the task at hand you may be coach, facilitator, mentor, trainer or implementer.
We'd love to see:
- An accomplished background in professional coaching - partnering with people to encourage self-discovery, eliciting their own solutions and strategies, and holding them responsible and accountable for them
- Strong experience in facilitation, guiding groups through processes that help them to come to solutions and make decisions
- Teaching skills - designing and delivering training that is effective, engaging and focused
- The ability to impart one’s experience, knowledge and guidance to help grow another in the same or similar domains
- Expertise in one of: Contemporary agile software engineering, Organizational change, or Value-driven Business and Product strategies and techniques
- Experience in the design and delivery of training courses using techniques such as 'Training from the BACK of the Room!'
If this sounds like you and you want to make real, positive impacts to our people's working lives, please get in touch!