Agile Program Manager- Technology Infrastructure
New York, NY
Posted Nov 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 111757
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. The Technology Infrastructure Product Delivery Management Office (PDMO) works closely with Engineering to build empowered, autonomous and multi-disciplinary teams delivering the right products, in the right way, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As an Agile Program Manager in the Technology Infrastructure PDMO you will join a dynamic team of Program Managers responsible for building cultures of collaboration and driving the execution of business critical and strategic cross-functional initiatives throughout Bloomberg. In this capacity, you will lead on complex and multi-year programs ensuring accountability and high quality of delivery by leveraging an agile and lean mindset. You will also have the opportunity to improve upon established practices for quarterly planning and work with teams to improve their agile practices. In both roles, you will collaborate with Product Managers, Engineering teams, and business partners to drive initiatives that improve the core technology infrastructure that support Bloomberg’s products and services, including the Bloomberg Professional service. We are looking for a self-starter, an enthusiastic problem solver and an experienced agile program manager to join us!
This position is a hybrid role with 3 days per week in our office and 2 days per week remote.
We will trust you to:
- Assemble and lead complex, cross-functional initiatives throughout the product lifecycle from inception through launch.
- Assess, adapt and introspect right-fit delivery framework (methodologies, tools and techniques) most appropriate to help the team(s) achieve their goal as efficiently as possible
- Partner with agile development teams within Technology Infrastructure to build and thoroughly understand robust roadmaps that set the right expectations with stakeholders, see around corners, anticipate and mitigate risks.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
- Champion agile and lean mindset across both leadership and individual teams to bring a sense of ownership and continuous improvement for the delivery of programs & individual projects.
- Be a culture champion modeling the right behaviors for the team
- Foster a collaborative team environment driven to build valuable products
You will need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in a program management capacity, including all aspects from process development to execution.
- 5+ years of experience working with agile development practices and a proven track record of implementing Agile to new and existing teams, inc. acting as Scrum Leader.
- Strong understanding of cloud, systems, storage, and network technology with ability to communicate to both engineers and non-engineers without losing critical details.
- Strong business judgment, influencing skills, leadership and integrity
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations and shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Success with building cultures of collaboration with people across organizations, including senior management, clients, and business partners.
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
- Foundational knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software development methodologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
We'd love to see:
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- Experience using JIRA for planning and tracking
- PMP, SAFe Certification
- Talent creating detailed presentations to share the status of many programs with a highly engaged executive audience.
- Previous history of success at a technology company.
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus