Agile Team Coach - Bloomberg Law
New York, NY
Posted Jun 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 88502
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated legal technology platform on the market with a focus on leveraging artificial intelligence to deliver real-time answers. BLAW provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day to day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them better serve their clients. Our goal is to use innovative technologies to deliver best in class solutions on a fast and reliable platform that will impact the future practice of law.
On the BLAW Program Operations team, you will help drive excellence with our full-stack product development teams consisting of frontend, backend, and machine learning engineers, product owners, and subject matter expert data analysts to prioritize initiatives and share information. We are self-motivated individuals who work in a collaborative and Agile environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Actively support teams to effectively deliver incremental value
- Foster a healthy, collaborative environment
- Be an inspiring change agent, focused on empowering teams and individuals
- Identify impediments and raise awareness
- Partner with Engineering and Product Leadership
- Improve visibility and predictability of progress on initiatives
- Adapt your approach and communication style to fit varying contexts and situational needs
- Advocate for and advance modern agile software development
- Experience coaching teams in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of Scrum principles and practices
- Knowledge of scaled Agile practices (e.g., SAFe, Nexus, Scrum@Scale, LESs)
- The ability to guide others to deal with situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty
- The ability to drive and manage change in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, JIRA Query Language and plug-ins like Structure and BigPicture) along with collaboration tools (G-Suite, MS Office, Confluence)
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- A desire for and commitment to continuous learning (education, training, conferences, and self-study)
- A demonstrated ability to coach beyond Scrum - Kanban, XP, etc.
- Facilitation experience - guiding groups (large and small) through processes that help them come to
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) or Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential or ICF accredited education.
- Training from the Back of the Room certification
- Git/Github, markdown and git web pages for creating and maintaining documentation
solutions and make decisions
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.