Alternative Investment Mandates Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Sep 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 70667
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for that data. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Around the clock, from around the world, our team delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Wherever a Fund is in its life cycle, Bloomberg has the data, solutions and industry network to help our clients take it to the next level. We provide a suite of alternative fund solutions which give our clients a framework to make smarter, faster and more informed financial decisions. Whether investors are seeking new opportunities or control over data, our best-in-class platform offers fully integrated solutions to any workflow.
As a valued member of our Alternative Investment Mandates team, you will develop and expand the scope of Bloomberg's Mandates product; an initiative that matches institutional investors with managers of alternative investment funds. While our team is global, you would be based in New York- so we will trust you to source mandates locally as well as from global institutional investors in hedge funds and private equity. In this role, you will gain in-depth hands-on experience of the hedge funds industry. You will learn continuously from industry experts and work closely with key decision makers. Dealing with market-moving data, you’ll see how your work has measurable business impact on our products and clients. If you are motivated and you bring passion to the table, you will have great opportunity for exciting and varied career progression.
We’ll trust you to:
- Source new investment mandates, maintaining the existing proprietary database, and liaising closely with the sales teams to effectively serve Bloomberg's Investor Community.
- Work with Sales, News and other Data sets to collaborate on content, and directing efforts to generate more usage.
- Generate new business opportunities, build connections, and maintain timely and accurate client information via cold-calling.
- Regularly conduct client calls to understand their needs and motivations pertaining to mandates data.
- Facilitate lines of communication between internal and external stakeholders to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
- Support product development teams and work closely with engineering to ensure user experience and functionality aligns with client's expectations and overall product strategy.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy by setting your own goals and milestones and executing projects start to finish.
- Maintain clean and structured data on the Bloomberg terminal to ensure we have best-in-class comprehensive coverage for our clients.
- Thrive in our dynamic and collaborative environment by bringing energy, passion, and resilience to the table every day.
You’ll need to have:
- Two or more years of professional experience in an account management, sales, or business development – ideally within the Hedge Fund, Private Equity or Asset Management industry.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in financial market and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving ability.
- The aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the hedge fund industry.
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships, including cold calling.
- An existing network within the industry (defined as family offices and funds of funds as well as pensions, endowments and foundations) is beneficial.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.