Americas Head of Diversity & Inclusion
New York, NY
Posted Nov 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 72072
Who We Are:
Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to create a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures.
As our global client base becomes increasingly diverse, our focus on diversity and inclusion helps us stay attuned to our clients’ rich and varied cultures, norms and business practices.
What We Do:
We’re thought-leaders and change-agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent. We ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to inspire an inclusive workplace. Whether it's by committing to challenge the way we think and act around mental health in the workplace, organizing Veterans insight days to help ex-military people to be equipped to be successful in their new career, leading progressive and edgy conversations on ethnicity and LGBTQI topics, embedding diversity into our products like the gender diversity index and many more initiatives.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for our Diversity & Inclusion Leader to help advance the company’s global D&I initiatives across the Americas region. We want you to serve as a thought partner and leader on the strategy and vision for Diversity and Inclusion in the business. You're a creative and ambitious individual who will design, drive and deliver strategic D&I initiatives across the region. You understand that partnering with business leaders to drive a more diverse organization takes a lot of work, and you’re excited for that challenge. You know the importance of strategic investment with key organizations who will help Bloomberg to find the best and brightest diverse talent in a competitive market. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive Bloomberg workforce, person by person and team by team.
You have strong subject matter expertise, are attentive to detail with excellent prioritization skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with a strong client relationship focus and outstanding critical thinking and communication skills
- Co-develop the strategy and vision for D&I in the Americas, and translate enterprise wide strategies into a regional action plan
- Provide deep domain knowledge, thought leadership, advice, coaching, solutions and consultation to HRBP’s business leaders, D&I champions and the regional Diversity Council
- Formulate and execute innovative and customized enterprise-wide or department-specific diversity strategies and tactics that result in driving action and change in the organization
- Analyze employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers, and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives
- Partner with senior business leaders to integrate diversity and inclusion practices into business, employment and workplace practices
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory and policy developments affecting D&I and its implications for Bloomberg
- Collaborate with HR team members to help integrate diversity and inclusion across all HR functions, working closely with the HR business partners and teams to improve our organization’s environment and to ensure effective execution of the D&I business agenda
- Conduct on-going research on demographic trends and practices, identifying and recommending strategies for enhancing diversity and inclusion efforts through innovative and solution focused ideas that you turn into actions
- Develop the D&I team in the Americas region where you will travel to build expertise within the team, provides guidance and leadership
- Represent D&I and Bloomberg at internal and external speaking events, client and partner engagements and continue to develop external partnerships
You'll need to have:
- Solid experience in diversity and inclusion, HR or business ideally with a portion of that in a regional and/or leadership role within Human Resources
- Previous experience managing and developing a team
- Leadership experience; you know how to influence people to get things done in an unstructured and ambiguous setting and you naturally gain consensus along the way because people love working with you
- A solid D&I network
- Exceptional communication, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyzes into meaningful recommendations and solutions
- Experience with supplier diversity programs
- Experience with diversity recruiting programs
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.