Americas Head of Employee Relations
New York, NY
Posted Jun 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 75786
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other and collaboration is key to our success. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
We are looking to appoint an Americas Head of Employee Relations. You will lead a team of subject matter specialists supporting our US and Latin American businesses that span 7 countries comprising of 11,000 employees. You will provide advice and support to HR, management, and executive leadership as it pertains to complaints, concerns, conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and interpretation of policies and employment law and will also serve as an employee advocate. You will be a subject matter expert on all employee relations within the organization and bring a commercial approach and attitude to resolving issues. You will have strong analytical skills, sharp intuition, and comfort navigating ambiguity. You will have a highly collaborative approach and partner closely with HR BP’s, legal and directly with the business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage a New York and New Jersey based team of Employee Relations Specialists
- Lead and resolve complex employee relations matters in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner
- Conduct effective and thorough investigations of employee complaints
- Oversee the Company's Affirmative Action programs and activities, manage governmental audits and oversee other HR compliance activities
- Bench, draft, and provide guidance on, and interpretation of, HR policies
- Develop and manage a range of metrics to strategically inform and measure employee relations efforts
- Identify trends in Employee Relations cases and find proactive solutions to address them
- Design and provide training to managers with the aim to upskill managers to deal with difficult situations
- Apply strategic thinking on handling variety of Employee Relations situations across complex jurisdictions through to resolution and work to develop these skills amongst the team
- Have a thoughtful approach of how to apply global guidelines across varies jurisdictions, while managing risk and exposure
- Handle complex, escalated issues in a calm and measured way
- Gain a strong understanding of our varying business groups in order to effectively handle Employee Relations cases and suggest policy changes
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of HR experience in an employee relations role or in a relevant legal position
- Maturity, discretion, and sound judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information
- Sound working knowledge of US employment laws and a track record of applying problem-solving and analytical skills to a range of HR issues
- Demonstrated people leadership experience building, developing and leading remote and cross cultural teams with comfort in influencing and directing others
- Ability to lead both independently and through a team and have the ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
- Superb communication (verbal and written), customer service, and collaboration skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.