Americas Lead - Logistics (Supply Chain)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 73617
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our terminal internal and external customers through Distribution & Asset Management, Procurement, and Print Services, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
Our global model poses the rare challenge of not just handling hardware in our warehouses, but also in our customer's hands because the Bloomberg terminal is a subscription based service. For example, if a trader's keyboard breaks, our department is responsible to swap the malfunctioning product with a new one as fast as possible - in our major cities this is less than 2 hours - with minimal disruption to their business. We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
We pride ourselves on being subject matter authorities. Our Distribution & Asset Management team handles the full hardware product life-cycle from forecasting and planning, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and logistics.
We are looking for a strong Logistics Team Leader to help implement our logistics strategy in the Americas region. You will take a lead on helping to implement change throughout the Supply Chain organization. Supply Chain at Bloomberg is currently undergoing a transformation effort, centralizing and improving processes and controls and implementing new technologies. You will be responsible, using your knowledge and experience, to help implement and execute against our objectives to become more efficient and provide unparalleled customer service. This position will report to the Global Head of Logistics and interact regularly with senior management, our finance functions, and managers at all levels in the organization, including vendors and third-party providers. You will frequently be involved in matters that require complex judgment and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand and utilize best practices and industry trends in logistics and transportation
- Understand our complex logistics activities, workflows, systems, organization and outputs to ascertain what success should look like
- Implement new and improved logistics operations at Bloomberg, ensuring that it is effective, properly maintained, and operating efficiently
- Use data analysis to actively identify new and innovative ways to track business performance, and suggest additional ideas for drivers and removing obstacles in our delivery
- Implement and oversee additional strategies for key process areas in logistics
- Provide recommendations to close any design and control gaps identified
- Oversee and execute on process changes and improvement, technology upgrades and new technology implementations. Ensuring that our logistics delivery and customer service remains effective as the organization changes
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues in the business to understand their domain
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of solid experience across logistics operations and logistics strategy, ideally at a major global company
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience leading with data analysis to make decisions on process or system changes
- Extensive people and stakeholder/relationship management experience in a logistics and supply chain environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Experience with selecting, on-boarding and managing external advisors and logistics services providers to drive high-service levels
- Prior project management skills in Logistics with an excellent track record of achievement
- Proven implementation experience and designing operational processes and systems for both transformation and continuous performance improvement
- Ability to interact with individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures, including the most senior levels of management
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and follow-through on both verbal and written instructions
- Ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
We'd Love to see:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Logistics
- Reverse logistics and/or service supply chain experience
- Information technology, telecommunications or pharmaceutical industry background
- "Last Mile" service execution experience
- SAP, Oracle or other ERP experience
- Visio process flow mapping experience
- Certified Supply Chain Profession / Certified in Logistics, Transportation & Distribution
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
If this sounds like you:
Apply and if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime further information around our Supply Chain operations can be found here:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.