Our Global Networks Team is responsible for the design, set-up and 24/7 operations of client connectivity for all of Bloomberg’s products and services. We run one of the largest private networks in the world and deliver secure internet connectivity for Bloomberg’s clients, data sources, data centers and employees in over 90 countries. We are available 24/7 and our teams are located in cities around the world to ensure we have the best regional expertise and close relationships with our customers and business partners. We are a mature, diverse and highly collaborative group that takes phenomenal pride in continually providing a network with high reliability and performance. Our internal and external customers expect nothing less from the network that is critical to delivering Bloomberg products and services.
What’s The Role?
We are seeking an Americas Head of Networks Operations. You'll use your leadership experience and excellent technical skills to be a hands-on contributor managing our tight-knit group of engineers located in our data centers and several offices across the region. As a leader, you enjoy developing collaborative team environments, proactively seeking solutions for complex networks problems and developing passions for technology. Working closely as part of our talented and diverse, global Networks leadership team, you will develop strategies for the adoption of new technology and the continued development of our department engineers. You'll be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and our many internal and external partners, working to improve the quality of the technical and telecommunication services provided to our customers.
The role will involve some travel and can be based in either our Manhattan or New Jersey offices.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Lead a Regional team that is accountable for installation and support of network connectivity and data distribution across North and South America, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Develop a people strategy to hire, develop and retain great diverse talent for the team
- Oversee team schedules and adhere to department policies and procedures
- Assume accountability for senior support and vendor escalation for all our network related matters affecting both our internal and external customers
- Understand our businesses and people by building a broad internal and external network across departments, clients and vendors.
- Ensure the team understands and provides networks that meet the requirements for connectivity, availability and performance
- Develop and champion policies and procedures to make the department more productive and efficient
- Empower your team to innovate and instill best practices to best solve client issues
- Think strategically, but stay on top of day-to-day tasks and responsibilities
- Facilitate business plans/ business overviews in partnership with our Leadership team
- Be a confident data-driven story teller to influence direction and senior management with innovative approaches
You’ll Need to Have:
- 10+ years experience leading major network projects, implementation, troubleshooting and successful adherence to strict timelines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where adaptation to continuous change is expected
- Extensive experience running large, global wide area networks using leased line connectivity and at least two of the following protocols: OSPF/RIP/BGP/MPLS
- Solid experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of edge router equipment. Preferred with Juniper MX/M/PTX series
- Experience in vendor management (e.g. telecommunication and network hardware vendors)
- Networking Degree, or similar, industry standard networking qualifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA), or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated people leadership experience building, developing and leading remote and cross cultural teams with comfort in influencing and directing others
- Ability to lead both independently and through a team and have the ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
- Superb communication (verbal and written), customer service, and collaboration skills
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under urgency, to multi-task, to roll your sleeves up, to be client focused, and to adapt in a fast changing environment
- Willingness to travel occasionally to international locations
We’d Love To See:
- Experience leading with data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Understanding of financial markets and the underlying technologies supporting the transport of financial data
- Knowledge of Data Center build and design fundamentals
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status