Analyst - Billing Operations - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Mar 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 114811
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
Bloomberg’s Global Finance, Operations, & Systems group is more than your standard Finance department. We are specialists for each Bloomberg product and service, generating complex invoices while ensuring the pricing structure and contract terms are billed accurate and efficiently.
We regularly collaborate with businesses to issue accurate billings with detailed support and even carry out product launches!
Our clients depend on us to generate accurate product invoicing for revenue collection, and they trust we're ensuring the integrity of our billing and revenue details. We establish appropriate controls and clear business processes. We often look to our team members to review and improve these processes and controls to further the mission of our department while increasing our value add to the Bloomberg Revenue Cycle.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a deep understanding of Bloomberg services and serve as the go to person for all billing questions or for your specialized product
- Apply experience in Order-to-Cash SAP system to billing fundamentals, specifically how they translate through the sales orders, subscriptions, metered files, controls, invoicing, cash application, & revenue recognition
- Enhance relationships with key stakeholders, such as Sales, CFO teams, Contracts, Negotiations, Legal, Accounts Receivable, SAP Solutions, & Engineering to see through a wide variety of adjustments, requests, and projects
- Review business functions, gather information, and evaluate output requirements and formats
- Work on problems of varied scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Apply learned techniques and contribute to investigation to solve problems
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail in day-to-day responsibilities
- Take initiative to identify inefficient processes to recommend improvements
- Make data-driven recommendations in order to improve processes
- Seek out opportunities to share knowledge and support other team members in order to achieve team and department targets and goals
- Facilitate tax rate and system changes, working with our internal indirect tax team and SAP Solutions, to ensure our invoices are compliant with evolving global tax regulations
- Execute price increase and new commercial model pricing, including managing mass communications to our customers
- Produce recurring reports, including key metrics, observations, and identifying variance reporting
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in accounting, billing, and/or accounts receivable
- A strong ability to solve problems while prioritizing a high volume of tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven excellence in customer service with strong verbal and written communications
- Good interpersonal skills to work with different management levels
- Knowledge of and experience with billing fundamentals and GAAP principles
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
We’d love to see:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency, and decisiveness
- A proactive self-starter
- SAP experience
- Experience in producing recurring reports, including key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 75,000 - 90,000 USD Annually + Benefits