Anti-Bribery & Corruption Compliance Officer - Legal & Compliance
New York, NY
Posted Apr 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 115572
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that arise across the Company’s various businesses. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
We are seeking an Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (ABAC) Compliance Officer who will be responsible for supporting the overall management of ABAC risk to Bloomberg businesses globally. We are looking for a strategic problem solver who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do the day-to-day work required to mitigate ABAC risk across numerous business lines. You will get significant exposure to senior management across all business lines. You will be part of a small team dedicated to ABAC Compliance globally and report to the Global Head of Employee Compliance.
We'll trust you to:
- Have a deep understanding of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and the UK Bribery Act, as well as other ABAC rules and guidelines
- Have experience with ABAC third party risk management, such as vendors, media partnerships, philanthropic organizations, and customers
- Understand ABAC risk arising from gifts, meals, entertainment, hiring practices, bidding, and interactions with government officials
- Serve as a spokesperson across Bloomberg on behalf of ABAC Compliance to raise awareness of ABAC risks and how to mitigate them
- Enhance current ABAC controls and lead the development and implementation of additional controls
- Respond to employee’s requests for pre-approval to provide meals/gifts/entertainment to government officials
- Experience conducting investigations on violations of internal policies
- Coordinate with other control functions including Compliance Practices (risk assessments/control inventories/issue management) and internal audit
- Create and execute on a risk-based training plan for targeted in-person/virtual trainings across the company
- Strategically create a yearly ABAC communication plan and draft targeted communications
- Conduct monthly corporate card employee expense reviews and communicate with employees on possible violations
- Conduct due diligence on third parties
- Update ABAC policies, procedures, and training modules (online and live)
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of anti-bribery/ anti-corruption experience
- A bachelor’s Degree
- A demonstrated ability to analyze data, produce metrics, and present to senior stakeholders
- Strong project management, and written and oral presentation skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with Visio
- Curiosity about international relations/world events and how they relate to financial crimes
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 160,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus