App Portal Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Dec 11, 2018 - Requisition No. 72484
In a world where innovation is constant, the Bloomberg App Portal allows innovative publishers to create and launch applications on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our product platform is a proprietary mix of technology and services that foster creativity to create applications that can be distributed to more than 320,000 Bloomberg subscribers today.
That’s where you come in:
The App Portal Product Team is responsible for growing the platform of application publishers. This includes managing the technology services of our product, forecasting client trends, vetting and on-boarding strategic 3rd party vendors and customers, marketing and communications strategy. Concurrently we are responsible of sales enablement with the Global sales force. The team works closely with Core Product, legal and compliance, marketing, and communications. The team’s remit is focused on growing the community of developers as well as consumers of these applications.
What’s the Role?
The Senior Product Manager is key member of the business team who's responsible and accountable for the building and execution of our technical strategy to increase adoption of our products. This role's key focus is on the front office application development trends and technologies our clients are using today. By understanding those needs and trends, this role will deliver premium products that incentivize more applications to come to the App Portal.
You will collaborate and partner, as a subject matter expert, with our client development leaders, internal engineering and other product groups within Bloomberg, by providing guidance and business requirements to build technologies to foster easier onboarding and launching of new custom applications.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of product planning and SDLC execution for App Portal technology products.
- Collaborate with Bloomberg Engineering and CTO office to develop long term technical roadmap.
- Clearly communicate product vision to executive management, sales and clients to accelerate internal collaboration and assist sales in their targets.
- Be a sales enabler on key client conversations.
- Act as a lead for integration on strategic client projects.
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and support teams globally.
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experiences in Financial Services specifically in Front and Middle Office application technology.
- Have had a role as a senior Development Manager and/or Architect with experience in broad array of technologies and programming languages
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in front office software development, with a focus on Desktop and Web/HTML5 technologies
- Experience with a broad array of asset classes and financial products
- Strong knowledge in Capital Markets Digital strategies and client platforms
- Excellent client-facing communication skills with the ability to translate technology and platform terms and concepts to non-technical business users and decision makers
- Strong knowledge in Agile Development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.