Apple Systems Architect
New York, NY
Posted May 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 103422
Bloomberg Corporate Technology is responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining Bloomberg’s internal IT systems including our global corporate network, and the hardware and software to support over 21,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. Additionally, it is responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s internal and public spaces that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year. Corporate Technology develops, deploys, and relies upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services it provides and those systems are the key to moving Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As an Apple Systems Architect in the Systems Architecture Team, you will be responsible for improving our internal client’s experience for all things Apple. This includes research, design, and implementation of new systems using some of the latest industry-leading technologies (including routinely accessing alpha and beta items). You will collaborate with Bloomberg's Engineering, Security, and Employee Operations teams and work along side other Architects, Engineers, Administrators, and Analysts to ensure new systems are reliable, secure, and can operate at scale. It is through this work that you will spearhead projects delivering solutions to our business that improve our overall corporate infrastructure. Bloomberg's Engineering Corporate Technology group is a fast-paced, technology-focused environment that is working to transform our corporate infrastructure to meet the needs of an evolving mobile workforce.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Outstanding product & industry knowledge of macOS and iOS
- Proficiency in administering JAMF Pro for endpoint and mobile device management
- Proficiency in macOS scripting languages
- Functional understanding of LDAP, Active Directory, and Single Sign On implementations
- Good understanding of enterprise networking fundamentals including Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, Firewalls, etc.
- Creative thinking and strong self-motivated problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills including experience creating technical documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
We’d Love to See:
- JAMF 300 (JAMF Certified Administrator), JAMF 400 (JAMF Certified Expert)
- Experience scripting with Bash, AppleScript, Python, and/or Swift
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems
- Hands on experience with GitHub
- Working knowledge implementing systems in a zero-trust environment
- Knowledge of security fundamentals
- Experience with enterprise logging and telemetry
- Good fundamentals of Change Management, Release Management, and Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with Agile (mainly Scrum)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com