Applied Machine Learning Engineer - Communications Systems
New York, NY
Posted Oct 18, 2016 - Requisition No. 55013
Internal Systems develops products that drive the day-to-day workflow of Bloomberg’s internal functions such as sales, customer service, and HR. Our team optimizes these workflows with the use of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML). To achieve these goals, we deal with a wide array of challenging problems in the realm of question answering, document classification, entity recognition and disambiguation, and trend detection.
As a member of this team, you will contribute to identifying novel applications of ML/NLP and developing high-precision, intelligent systems. This will require an understanding of the intricacies of various businesses and client workflows in Bloomberg. You will establish ML- and NLP-based solutions that assist in these workflows, adding significant business value. You will also work with your team to deploy these solutions on a large scale where performance and maintainability are critical. This role will require that you stay abreast of latest advances and best practices in academia and industry.
You’ll need to have:
- Either 3+ years of ML/NLP experience or a PhD in ML, NLP, or other relevant fields
- 3+ years of programming experience in C++, Java, or Python
- The ability to design and validate models in ML, NLP, and information retrieval
We’d love to see:
- Publications in top-tier conferences or journals in ML or NLP
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark
- A strong background in mathematics and statistics