Associate Digital Producer (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 73203
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg LP is seeking an Associate Digital Producer (Contractor) for our podcast team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Handle pre- and post-production for several podcasts, including engineering and recording hosts and guests from remote locations.
- Edit audio, add music and advertisements, and publish the completed show.
- Book studio time and guests
- Coordinate the studio, host and guest schedules.
- Work with the team leader to develop and execute audience engagement strategies and promotion plans for all Bloomberg shows
You’ll need to have:
- An enthusiasm for audio storytelling with an emphasis on podcasts
- Experience creating audio stories in either narrative or interview formats (ideally both)
- Experience working across teams and with lots of different types of people; a background in podcasts or radio is a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
- A keen interest in Bloomberg's journalism and ideas for re-imagining it for the podcast audience
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.