Associate Producer, Podcasts (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 95421
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for a driven and creative Associate Producer to help produce two new podcasts being launched over the next six months. The Associate Producer will work with a small audio team and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom. They will work closely with a Senior Producer and Supervising Producer, and report directly to the Head of Podcasts.
- Edits show for sound quality, sound design, sets levels, pulls archival sound and music from music libraries.
- Book interviews
- Cut tape and pull selects
- Some show assembly and light sound design
- Pull archival sound and music from music libraries.
- Some post-engineering work; setting levels and adjusting music cues
- A sharp editorial ear
- Excellent news judgment
- 1-3 years of experience in audio editing or production
- Skilled in Adobe Audition and/or Protools
- Coordinate with the wider podcast team, reporters and editors in the newsroom, and stakeholders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.