New York, NY
Posted Nov 9, 2018 - Requisition No. 71919
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg TV is seeking an Associate Producer with editorial, production, and writing skills. You will be versatile, with a desire to produce in the control room and develop relationships with external guests. You are a storyteller, taking complex financial and business stories and making them understandable. You thrive under deadline pressure and breaking news. You are familiar with digital video and producing content for multiple platforms. This position will support show teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Capture and edit video and sound
- Write anchor copy and on-screen text for segments and daily headlines|
- Compile schedules and plan agendas as well as maintaining database of interviews and completed segments for future programs
- Book expert guests for Television and Radio
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of recent and relevant experience producing live television news
- Control room experience
- Knowledge and real passion for financial markets and business news
- Ability to work and thrive under deadline pressure
- Experience with digital media platforms and integration
- Flexibility with hours and travel as needed
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status