Associate Product Manager (Contract) 3 months
New York, NY
Posted Oct 14, 2020 - Requisition No. 86644
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
As part of the Audience Development team within the Bloomberg Marketing Studio, the Associate Product Manager is the key support for building a product from the ground up. They are focused on understanding business and market requirements, then assisting in the prioritization of the work to be done by the design and engineering teams accordingly. You should be a passionate digital marketer who proactively identifies, recommends and implements measurable improvements across web and other channels. Communication and execution are key factors to your success in this role. You will also need to be a proactive team member identifying solutions and opportunities.
The Associate Product Manager is a jack of all trades when it comes to understanding UX, business analysis, design, copywriting, development, and QA. This is accomplished by utilizing creative and technical skills, providing proper support and maintenance, as well as closely working with designers, developers, and other specialists as a unified team.
What you'll do:
- Work with product manager, designer, video and web development teams to enhance functionality and features on product as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Assist in managing the product backlog, closely partner with the team to ensure everyone understands the work items in the product backlog, interpret requests into Jira issues with definition of completion/success
- Provide the development and design teams clear guidance on which features to deliver next
- Manage, update and build out products as-needed with the willingness to roll up your sleeves to do the day-to-day updates, as well as manage larger scale updates and enhancements
- Troubleshoot platform issues and solve them with the help of web developers and extended team
- Assist in stakeholder management to gather requirements and understand their business needs
- Work with design when needed to accommodate content updates or feature requests
- Test and review completed requests in a QA environment before signing off for deployment
You need to have:
- BA/BS degree
- Understanding of programming (any language), HTML, CSS, and how content management systems work
- 0-3 years of experience in a Product Management role, Software Engineering role or related work experience.
- Demonstrated success in project management with an aptitude to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Must be able to collaborate effectively, build trust, and drive results with many varied stakeholders across engineering, coaching, product, and research/design.
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment
- Strong relationship management skills with exemplary communication and presentation skills (persuasive written, compelling oral)
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action.
- Knowledge of best practices for web UX design
If this sounds like you - apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.