Audience Development Editor - Markets and Breaking News
New York, NY
Posted Jan 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 113545
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg is looking for a social/audience editor to lead our markets and breaking news coverage on social. This person will shape markets, economics, and breaking news coverage on Bloomberg’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms. You will work closely with homepage, web, and other audience editors to drive attention to Bloomberg’s reporting as it happens. You will also be responsible for working with our markets team to identify the biggest moves in equities and commodities and post charts showing dramatic climbs and declines throughout the trading day. Essentially, you will keep our audience attuned with what’s driving markets during the day, and why.
The ideal candidate is experienced in news and is obsessed with breaking news, and markets. You’re passionate about what’s happening in the now, from sharing news about the biggest stock moves of the day to breaking stories across all of Bloomberg’s coverage areas. In this role, you will also experiment with tactics to find new ways to tell these stories on Twitter and drive engagement.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Think creatively about tactics and techniques in order to drive engagement around breaking and markets news on social
- Distribute Bloomberg content (video, stories, charts)
- Cover breaking news every day during US markets hours
- Monitor, analyze and distribute social metrics to wider teams as needed
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital newsroom environment
- Experience and an understanding of markets, especially US equities, indices and other economic data
- Strong writing skills. This person needs to self edit with little to no backreading
- Strong editorial judgment, with an emphasis on turning around multiple breaking news and markets stories
- Proficiency in social analytics and publishing tools
- An ability to stay calm and act in a fast-paced, breaking news environment
- An ability to adapt to changing news habits and audience behavior
WE’D LOVE TO SEE:
- A proven track record of driving audience growth and social referral traffic
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 70,000 - 95,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus