Audience Editor, Podcast - New York (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 100867
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for a creative and energetic audience editor to help make a new slate of shows, premiering throughout 2022, to the widest and most engaged possible audience. The audience editor will work closely with supervising producers and the head of podcasts to build an ambitious social, promotional and marketing plan for each of the shows, and then put that plan into action by liaising with outside partners and internal collaborators, working with our social teams and production teams and staying on top of daily, weekly and monthly deadlines to ensure Bloomberg is taking advantage of fresh, creative and attention-getting opportunities to drive more listeners to its shows.
- Alongside the head of podcasts, help develop a go-to-market strategy for each show
- Develop and manage launch plans that include the marketing, PR, social and editorial teams as well as collaborators across Bloomberg’s internal platforms and external partnerships.
- Organize and execute promo swaps with other podcast networks
- Select and distribute podcast assets developed by the editorial and production teams to use for marketing, PR and social campaigns
- Develop and implement creative new ideas for audience engagement and involvement in individual shows
- Monitor deadlines and keep stakeholders informed through every step of pre and post launch
- Liaise with the social media team to develop and produce social strategies for shows
- Create audiograms and other assets to drive interest in shows
- Work closely with podcast producers and editors, reporters and editors in the newsroom, and other stakeholders.
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Highly competent in operational roles
- A sharp editorial ear
- Excellent news judgment
- Creativity and drive around strategies for reaching new audiences
- 1-3 years of experience in producing, marketing or overseeing social media for podcasts
- Some ability to cut tape in Adobe Audition is helpful, but not required
If this sounds like you:
We're eager to speak with you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.