New York, NY
Posted Apr 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 103083
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Around the clock, from around the globe our Broadcast Ops Group supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,700 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
We are expanding our Broadcast Operations reach to further support platforms from Quicktake to Bloomberg TV.
You're the type of person who thrives in a fast paced high energy environment. You have a strong understanding of control room operations. You’ll be an essential resource to our broadcast operations as well as the editorial team.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Operate all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned control rooms at an advanced level, including but not limited to: audio mixing consoles, intercom devices (RTS), broadcast routers (Grass Valley), microphones, IFB's, etc, demonstrating a strong understanding of signal flows and mix-minus along the way.
- Comfortable mixing multiple studio anchors, reporters and guests as well as remote guests and feeds, music, and sound on tape.
- Able to manipulate EQ, gain, compression, and delay settings for any audio source.
- Review live broadcast rundowns during pre-production, assign all anchor and guest microphone and IFBs as well as create and assign mix/minus feeds to each IFB.
- Monitor battery levels and troubleshoot issues with studio team and engineers, maintain show memories, RTS pages and show music
- Communicate all relevant audio needs to control room and studio floor colleagues via RTS during live production.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Minimum of 1 year serving in A1 role as part of a live TV production crew or related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of audio signal flow concepts, dynamic processing, equalizers, microphones and IFBs (Lectrosonics).
- Advanced knowledge of audio boards (Calrec Artemis) and audio mixing
- Demonstrated understanding with RTS system (KP-12/KP-32) or related broadcast communications intercom hardware.
- A high level of accuracy in high-pressure moments under strict timelines in live broadcast environment.
- Acute attention to detail, problem solves and troubleshoots using effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
- Well-rounded experience in a live production environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).