Audio Visual Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Oct 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 96571
The Corporate Technology Team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems! This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world! We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As an AV Engineer in the Collaboration Solutions team, you will be expected to use your knowledge of Audio-Visual software and hardware technology to help Bloomberg engineer the next generation of application and infrastructure services for our global workforce. You will work within an Agile framework to build, maintain, and continuously enhance the tools needed to manage our AV and Collaboration solutions and spaces. You will assist in the design, build, and management of conference rooms, training spaces, specialty spaces, and screening rooms and in the development of processes and standards for conference room designs and support across several different environments. You will also work closely with the support team to determine trends and iterate on designs to improve stability and Provide Tier 2/Tier 3 troubleshooting support when equipment issues are escalated. Additionally, you will provide pre-production through post-production technical guidance for live events hosted by Bloomberg, both internal and external facing. You will be required to work with the business and operations teams to deliver both in-house developed as well as 3rd party application services and productivity tools for our Bloomberg employees.
You’ll need to have:
- 8-10 years of experience in commercial AV
- Design and implementation experience within conference spaces, training facilities, event spaces and more
- Global project planning, implementation, and commissioning of AV systems
- Experience in IPTV and Digital Signage solutions
- Experience in global deployments of AV systems and technologies
- Advanced knowledge of video conference tools and troubleshooting (Zoom, Webex, MS Teams, etc.)
- Audio DSP, video processing, control system platform proficiency (i.e. Biamp, Q-Sys, Extron, Christie, Crestron)
- Strong understanding of network topology
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, being able to adapt to different audiences, environments, and cultures
- Encourage strategic thinking, innovation, and action
- Ability to be flexible, an outstanding teammate and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment are a must
We’d love to see:
- Network security and vulnerability standard methodologies
- Complete solid understanding of today's AV technology and trends
- Robust experience with AV/IT Convergence
- A/V Industry certifications (CTS-D, DMC, etc)
- Ability to respond to changes in a short time frame
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our Teams innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.