BNEF Analyst - Climate Solutions - New York
New York, NY
Posted Dec 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 99141
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our analyst team in our New York office. The team focuses on the financial sector’s transition to net-zero with a particular focus on mobilizing capital to emerging and developing economies, real economy and financial sector transition strategies, and financial regulation and policy development. The team develops data, tools, research and solutions for clients in industry, government and finance.
We work closely with our colleagues across BNEF, as well as the engineering, data, product and public policy teams to determine the key issues for the financial sector in its push to net-zero and to drive development of data, tools and research that enable this.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We'll trust you to:
- Develop an understanding of the key issues facing the financial sector in its transition to net-zero.
- Become an expert in the critical sub-areas that are identified.
- Build and maintain datasets and tools to help our clients map out the transition for the financial sector.
- Work with our engineering, data and product teams to turn these into client facing tools.
- Produce research, both quantitative and qualitative, using public and proprietary data sources and by building and leveraging a network of research contacts
- Effectively communicate findings by authoring and publishing research reports and datasets, as well as interacting directly with our clients and prospective clients.
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
What's the role:
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct analysis and gather data, and present findings in written reports.
- Lead our research on financial sector transition strategies, establish the current state of the financial sector, and potential pathways for transition.
- Provide insights to our clients across a range of topics that may include: how to reduce the risks of emerging market net-zero investments; buyside, sellside and insurance strategies for net-zero; and policy and regulatory developments related to these themes.
- You’ll be at the forefront of covering how the financial sector are transitioning to net-zero.
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.