BPO Analyst - Bloomberg Product Oversight
New York, NY
Posted Jul 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 105698
An exciting and new opportunity has opened up to join the Bloomberg Product Oversight team in New York! This critical team dives deep into the very roots of our client’s workflow to get a comprehensive understanding of their business. The team aligns client workflow and data consumption with the appropriate contractual framework and Bloomberg offering, protecting both our clients and Bloomberg. With both a consultative and analytical approach, they examine client data workflows, content licensing frameworks and critical initiatives working closely across all internal lines of business. The team is at the forefront of being able to provide business and product gaps to our management to better improve our offerings, due to having such close proximity to our clients.
What is the Role?
You will be proactively analyzing existing client profiles, in particular Desktop API usage, to understand client’s workflow and ensure suitable use of our product offerings, while also mitigating business risks. You’ll need to have a high degree of diplomacy and the ability to engage with a wide variety of individuals in a clear & concise manner, including but not limited to end-users, senior market data managers, C-level executives as well as internal partners.
We will expect that you:
- Will be proficient with comprehensive Risk Solutions, Point in Time exposures and sensitivities, Statistical Risk Measures and a good understanding of Risk Modeling
- Partner with divisional management and business unit leadership teams to implement controls for our data.
- Work with the application and development community to conduct deep-dive reviews to understand the use case for market data consumption from delivery through to final output.
- Provide guidance to our customers and developers on the standard and best practices for commercial compliance
- Understand data, the workflow of our Clients, and the demands our clients are trying to meet
- Clearly communicate your findings and the risks that need mitigating in a clear and concise manner, to both our Client’s and Senior Management.
- Provide expertise in many aspects of the workflow of the financial markets and also in the competitive landscape - a good understanding of the key players and competition is essential.
- Handle both the big picture as well as the smaller detail in all that you do and be able to easily switch back and forth.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Knowledge and curiosity about audit and compliance
- Familiarity with data content and licensing frameworks
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills with the ability to run multiple engagement at any one time
- Sophisticated negotiation skills
- Demonstrable business insight in a client-facing capacity
- Deep understanding and experience of working in the Global Financial Markets
- 5+ years Business/Risk Analyst/Product management or Sales experience in Financial Market Data Product Area.
- You will demonstrate strong project management skills and a strong analytical mind set.
- You will have experience in market data application, compliance review and risk mitigation.
- Strong technical knowledge with respect to entitlement mechanism, application architectures, data flows and design.
- The ability to interact expertly with application developers and development managers as well as interpret market data.
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.