BQuant Desktop Platform - Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
Posted May 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 100416
We’re now going one step further
We are building a new product to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Our users can now fetch and interact with Bloomberg data and products using Python, and apply all the tools of the data science ecosystem to their analyses, unlocking unprecedented flexibility and customizability.
Where do you come in?
The BQuant user base is growing rapidly. To continue growing at our current pace, we need to ensure we have a first-class onboarding experience. That means giving our users the tools they need to resolve installation problems, without having to open a support ticket. It also means building powerful support tools, so our customer reps can quickly resolve customer issues.
Join us to help make the BQuant desktop onboarding experience as seamless as possible by building telemetry and self reporting tools across all points of the installation and runtime processes.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced software engineer with an interest in solving low level issues/challenges
- You can work across the Jupyter, Python and internal technical stacks on Windows
- You collaborate and communicate across multiple teams well
- You take time to dive into the details to understand the friction points encountered by users and can build tools to mitigate or eliminate these
- You take time to analyze different solutions and communicate trade-offs well
We’ll trust you to:
- Build features for the BQuant Desktop platform to enhance our users’ onboarding experience, making them as self-sufficient as possible and ensuring that the user's experience is seamless
- Stay up to date with industry developments in Jupyter, Python, and security
- Develop and deploy robust software requiring minimal maintenance
You need to have:
- Demonstrated experience programming and testing C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge of Windows internals-DLL loading, process monitoring, telemetry
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve, multi-task, and prioritize in a high-pressure, mission-critical, and rewarding team environment
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field, or equivalent experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience with building software on Windows and experience with Windows profiling and debugging tools, such as Procmon, Procdump and Process Explorer
- Experience with the Windows OS including security and policies
- Experience building full-stack applications and having those applications installed and run on Windows
- Familiarity with the details of Python installations, environments, and processes
- Familiarity with open source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.