BVAL Corporate Bond Business Manager
New York, NY
Posted May 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 103241
Bloomberg's Evaluated Pricing (BVAL) business is a market leader in fixed income pricing and the pricing provider to the Bloomberg Indices. BVAL prices over 2.5 million bonds, multiple times daily for clients across buy side, sell side and custodial clients. We are known for:
- Transparent methodologies that aid clients in the full investment lifecycle
- Pricing data provided how and when clients want it
- Legendary customer support
BVAL is seeking a strategic and creative Business Manager to help grow and enhance our unique pricing service for Government, Supranational, Agency and Corporate (GSAC) Bonds with particular emphasis on Corporates. BVAL currently covers over 350,000 GSAC bonds and as Business Manager you will have the opportunity to leverage your deep knowledge of the fixed income market to expand and differentiate this product offering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the global BVAL strategy for Government, Supranational, Agency and Corporate Bonds
- Manage global team of Product Managers who will assist in executing that strategy
- Discuss the value of the BVAL offering as well as the GSAC models and tools with clients
- Utilize knowledge of the fixed income market and client needs to identify new product opportunities
- Partner with sales teams to identify appropriate sales strategies and market opportunities
-Partner with engineers and quantitative analysts to build and evolve models.
You’ll need to have:
- Ten or more years of experience with Corporate Bonds as a Trader and/or Portfolio Manager
- Strong knowledge of bond structures, market drivers, fixed income analytics and pricing methods
- Knowledge of Syndicated Loans, High Yield Bonds, Not-Rated Bonds & Loans, and Distressed Loans
- Team management experience
- Experience managing large scale projects
- A strong network of contacts in the fixed income bond markets
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience in Agile and Kanban environments
- Python or other programming languages
- Data science skills
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.