Bloomberg’s evaluated pricing service, BVAL, provides increased transparency through accurate pricing of fixed income and derivatives instruments. Mutual funds, money managers, hedge funds, internal pricing groups, and auditors rely on BVAL to establish fair and independent fixed income asset valuations.
The BVAL Evaluators are capital markets experts responsible for employing relevant, innovative, and leading-edge valuation models that leverage Bloomberg’s in-house analytics to provide high-quality data for the front, middle office and operations. We are seeking a High Yield Municipal Evaluator to help expand the BVAL offering, provide accurate pricing, and conduct credit assessments.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze high yield credit structures and sectors using financial statements and material event filings
- Perform recovery analysis for defaulted land and revenue secured issues
- Write credit analysis reports
- Provide active and ongoing surveillance of a high yield portfolio consisting of various sectors, including: special assessments, charter schools, healthcare, leases, etc.
- Apply your knowledge of the municipal market to ensure accurate and consistent pricing of high yield municipal bonds
- Work closely with other BVAL team members, business development and R&D to develop, test and support innovative valuation models and further enhance our municipal offering
- Clearly articulate and discuss credit and pricing issues, valuation models and pricing questions with colleagues and clients
- Review pricing on your portfolio of securities that break quality control tolerances
- Periodically review and confirm market data used as inputs in the valuation models
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of four or more years of high yield municipal bond experience from a credit analyst, valuations, portfolio management, underwriting, or rating perspective
- Experience analyzing municipal bonds
- Strong knowledge of credit, bond structures, market drivers, fixed income analytics, and pricing approaches
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including recent experience preparing discounted cash flow models and proficiency in performing data analysis
- An ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
We’d love to see:
- Experience with using Python, SQL, Excel VBA
- Knowledge of advanced spreadsheet techniques and data modeling
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg terminal
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/pricing-data/