BVAL Technical Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted May 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 103240
What is BVAL?
Bloomberg's Evaluated Pricing (BVAL) business is a market leader in fixed income pricing and the pricing provider to the Bloomberg Indices. BVAL prices over 2.5 million bonds, multiple times daily for clients across buy side, sell side and custodial clients. We are known for:
- Transparent methodologies that aid clients in the full investment lifecycle
- Pricing data provided how and when clients want it
- Legendary customer support
The most respected capital markets firms across the globe are BVAL clients, and we continue to grow annually.
What's the Role?
We are looking to hire an experienced Technical Product Manager with a strong background in scalable data and analytics. This should include actively participating in aspects of the software development lifecycle (requirements, design, development, architecture) for creating a business-critical data-centric platform. The role will focus on continuously improving our evaluated pricing platform to meet the demands of volatile markets and increasing data consumption and processing.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing strategies and working with engineering teams to deliver high-performance solutions that can extend our market leading position in evaluated pricing. Specific areas of competence include scalable data analytics, distributed stream processing engines, tools for monitoring system health, and client delivery with internal partners. Key non-functional requirements for these components include reliability, scalability, high performance, and ease of use.
You are a strategic thinker that seeks opportunities to get their hands dirty, have a passion for fixed income markets, and espouse scalable architecture, computation power and elegant solutions in your designs.
We'll Trust you to:
- Lead the delivery of new products and features that will be used by top capital markets firms
- Work alongside product management colleagues and engineers to define scope and solve highly complex problems in an agile environment
- Develop user stories and requirements that will lead to new products, new product features, or improve existing products
- Manage the delivery roadmap for your product area and evaluate strategy based on market trends and customer demand
- Represent Bloomberg to our customers, prospects, and vendor partners
- Communicate solutions and roadmaps via written collateral, meetings, and presentations
- Work with sales and client services teams, globally, to best position and support our solutions
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading technology focused initiatives in Fixed Income investing
- Understanding of one or more of the following: API’s, service-oriented technology architectures, distribution platform, architecting for the web, or designing solutions for the cloud
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable to work in a non-hierarchical, large global organization where interaction with senior management is required
- Ability to assess the value add of an academically sound technical solution vs. a need to release commercial offerings in a timely fashion
We’d love to see:
- Previous real-world coding experience in Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, or Node JS a plus
- Experience delivering commercial applications in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience of using Agile and Kanban methodologies
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.