BVAL Technical Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Oct 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 110676
What is Bloomberg Enterprise Data?
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding! We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and financial technology (FinTech) needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling enables our clients to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Put simply, our award-winning data powers the capital markets.
What is BVAL?
Bloomberg's Evaluated Pricing (BVAL) business is a market leader in fixed income pricing and the pricing provider to the Bloomberg Indices. BVAL prices over 2.5 million bonds, multiple times daily for clients across buy side, sell side and custodial clients. Mutual funds, money managers, hedge funds, internal pricing groups, and auditors rely on BVAL to establish fair and independent fixed income asset valuations.
We are known for:
- Transparent methodologies that aid clients in the full investment lifecycle
- Pricing data provided how and when clients want it
- Legendary customer support
- The most respected capital markets firms across the globe are BVAL clients, and we continue to grow annually.
We are looking for a Product Manager to continue building our Products. You will bring with you a deep understanding of enterprise content, clients use cases and trading and operational workflows. You are curious, creative and passionate about building enterprise data products and solutions that solve some of our clients most complex needs. You stay current to the latest industry trends and build partnerships with clients to understand their problems and challenges. You will be responsible for documenting our target client challenges and needs, and then design, prioritize and execute the strategy and product rollout in collaboration with stakeholders.
We will trust you to:
- Demonstrate product management skills and effectively manage data product specification, prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Set, track, and review metrics for desired product outcomes and clearly communicate product vision, roadmap, and development status and execute through collaboration with multiple stakeholders including global data specialists, sales, engineers, and support organization
- Understanding of one or more of the following: API’s, service-oriented technology architectures, distribution platform, architecting for the web, or designing solutions for the cloud
- Take ownership for the vision and delivery of new products and features that will be used by leading capital markets firms
- Develop relationships with a core group of clients that will partner with us to expand our understanding of their key challenges and evolve our offering through ongoing dialogue and experimentation to systematically solve their challenges
- Provide support and direction to internal teams in the definition of technical solutions across the product suite
- Build the next generation of product features for mobile, web and other platforms as needed, focusing on delivering the best and most relevant information for our audience
- Understand data science techniques and platforms that our clients are either building or leveraging to extract value from big data
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as an Enterprise Product Manager or related role
- Understanding of capital markets, preferably in one or more asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, Foreign Exchanges, Derivatives, etc.)
- Experience working with financial data products and related content from leading financial data providers
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable to work in a non-hierarchical, large global organization with senior management interactions
- Experience communicating technical concepts in understandable terms to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience assessing product readiness – academically sound technical solution vs. a need to release commercial offerings in a timely fashion
We'd love to see:
- Previous coding experience in Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, or Node JS
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, business management, or other related field CFA or equivalent preferred
- Experience delivering commercial applications in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus