BVAL Yield Curve Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Oct 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 96388
Bloomberg’s evaluated pricing service, BVAL, provides increased transparency through accurate pricing of fixed income and derivatives instruments. Mutual funds, money managers, hedge funds, internal pricing groups, and auditors rely on BVAL to establish fair and independent fixed income asset valuations.
The BVAL Evaluators are capital markets experts responsible for employing relevant, innovative, and leading-edge valuation models that leverage Bloomberg’s in-house analytics to provide high-quality data for the front, middle office and operations. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the BVAL Pricing Team as a Yield Curve Analyst covering both the Corporate and U.S. Municipal bond asset classes.
The BVAL Yield Curve Product is a newer offering so this is a great opportunity to make an impact! You will be joining a team of professionals with extensive and varied experience, including traders, portfolio managers and credit analysts. Excellent communication skills are vital for this role as you will be working alongside colleagues from a variety of backgrounds including programmers, quantitative analysts, business managers and sales. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with Fixed Income experience to build a strong career in evaluated pricing service with Bloomberg.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help develop, support and QC the BVAL Yield Curve Product
- Assist with client inquiries about the BVAL product
- Occasionally support the sales team in presenting the service to our clients and prospective clients
- Work alongside business and R&D teams to test new/existing models
- Work with different BVAL Asset sectors to run reports and analyze data
- Work with business and R&D to help develop QC tools for the Curve product
You’ll need to have:
- A degree in mathematics or finance
- 2+ years of experience in the financial industry
- Experience in Fixed Income
- Knowledge of bond mathematics
- Strong practical knowledge of Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.