BW Project Analyst
New York, NY
Posted May 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 75250
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help clients with all aspects of procurement to cash collection, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Our SAP Solutions team supports over 20 business areas providing technology solutions as well as program and change management for major projects while ensuring a controlled system environment.
Bloomberg's SAP Business Warehouse team supports the analytical reporting needs of the firm. Members of the team are responsible for designing and maintaining reporting solutions. You will drive the end-to-end reporting process; interacting with business owners to capture requirements, building data models and reports to support the business requirements, extraction, transformation and loading of data, and production support.
We'll trust you to:
- Document Standard Operating Procedures and Policies to drive efficiency and accuracy and providing documentation for all business definitions of data
- Participate in system improvements, including requirements gathering and documentation, functional design documentation, configuration setup, testing and training
- Lead and develop Testing plans, including coordinating testing, and documenting test results of new systems functionality and processes
- Spearhead reporting projects and develop dashboards to support executive reporting and analytical processing
- Work in close collaboration with divers group of users to tackle complex reporting problems
You'll need to have:
- Hands on experience with SAP HANA modelling including building of graphical and script based HANA Views
- Experience with SAP BI Tools including SAP BW ETL , BEX , Analysis for Office, Business Objects and Lumira Designer
- ETL and performance tuning experience, including coding of BW transformations and user exits
- Functional knowledge of SAP SD, MM and FI areas
- Experience with non-SAP data form legacy systems
- Experience developing business KPI dashboards
- History of meeting deadlines in uncertain environments, and delivering high quality results
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a functional team with exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Working experience with Agile methodology
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime watch this proud reminder of our purpose: https://vimeo.com/263526877
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.