HRIS Benefits Operations Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jan 28, 2020 - Requisition No. 81016
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and nowhere is this better reflected than when it comes to our benefits. At Bloomberg, we strive to provide our employees with fundamental tools to support their personal and family needs, so they can drive business success. To do this we are always looking at new and innovative ways to deliver benefits to our employees.
What's the role?
Bloomberg, LP has an exciting opportunity to be part of the Global Benefits function, which serves over 20,000 employees in over 73 countries! Based in New York, you will be responsible for working with the Benefits Program Leads to provide employee benefits in a variety of countries across the Americas region, including Health, Retirement, and Wellness. You'll have the opportunity to help maintain and improve benefits and leaves data, processes and systems requirements. You will primarily support local benefits operations for the region and will participate in global projects that impact all regional locations.
We'll trust you to:
- Work on benefit systems redesign/enhancements including analyzing workflows, making recommendations, liaising with HR Shared Services, Payroll, HR Technology, Engineering and external vendors in order to drive change
- Review and reconcile data including collating and analyzing data from multiple sources, identifying issues and fixing them
- Design, configure and test new benefit plans in Workday to ensure an excellent employee experience and strong operational processes for all internal partners
- Build process documentation for new and existing plans/processes and liaise with HR Shared Services
- Troubleshoot any issues to resolve enrollment, vendor and leave issues
- Proactively identify potential system enhancements that improve our benefits and user experience and drive operational efficiency
- Lead on overall benefits international project management/tracking for the global team, working with the Global Head of Benefits/Mobility
You'll need to have:
- At least 5+ years experience in the HRIS/benefits field
- Knowledge of how benefit plans work in practice and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Deep benefits knowledge including prior experience working with vendors, retirement plans, health benefits, payroll and leaves
- Strong Excel skills required including proficient use of formulas and pivot tables
- Analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, develop meaningful and reliable metrics and provide insights and commentary that result in actionable outcomes
- Understanding of payroll processes, compliance and reporting (US, any international knowledge a plus)
- Able to prioritize, work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- High attention to detail and strong organization, communication and time management skills
- Team player who collaborates and is able to work with multiple stakeholders to devise workable solutions
We'd love to see:
- Workday experience related to configuration of benefits/leaves/time-off desirable
- Project experience from discovery to implementation
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.