New York, NY
Posted Aug 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 76806
The Bloomberg Billing Department is much more than your standard billing department. We're specialists in the Bloomberg pricing structure and billing terms for each product set and regularly generate highly complex invoices. Each member of our team is fluent in manual credit/debit policies and procedures and Sales and Accounting collaborate with us regularly to issue billings and at times, even carry out a product launch.
Our clients depend on us to generate accurate product invoicing for revenue collection and they trust we're ensuring the integrity of our billing details. We do this through providing appropriate controls and clear business processes. Often we will look to our team members to review and improve these processes and controls to further the mission of our department while increasing our value add to the Bloomberg Revenue Cycle.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Demonstrate full understanding of job core fundamentals and how they translate through policies and processes.
- Apply your understanding to carry out daily activities to achieve individual targets and goals, including our overall department goal of providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Manage daily and adhoc activities efficiently, in department acceptable timeframes
- Maximize accuracy when performing daily activities pertinent to the role
- Take initiative to identify inefficient processes or control improvement opportunities in day-to-day work; recommend improvements, such as driving automation of current manual processes or adding effective controls
- Seek out opportunities to share knowledge and support other team members in order to achieve team and department targets and goals, and adds to team knowledge base and tools
- Be responsible for, and act in a timely manner, when addressing all operational duties, including but not limited to: SDSK tickets, emails, and monthly billing processes
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail when issuing all manual debits and credits
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with our internal customers by providing excellent customer service and communicating clearly and concisely
- Develop a deep understanding of one or multiple of the Bloomberg products and serve as the go to person for all product specific questions or requests
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of all processes and controls
You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5 year's relevant experience in accounting, billing, and/or accounts receivable
- Excellent verbal and written communications with an eye for detail
- Knowledge of and experience with billing fundamentals and GAAP principles
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Be a problem solver who is able to prioritize
- Proven excellence in customer service
We'd Love to See:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency, and decisiveness
- Proactive self-starter
- SAP experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.