Bloomberg Communications Coordinator - 12 Months
New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 87106
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment.
Bloomberg’s internal communications team informs employees about our strategy, products and services, empowering them to accomplish business objectives. These communications also engage employees with the Bloomberg culture, with each other and with those in their networks – all while encouraging a commitment to the company’s philanthropic mission. The result? Employees who drive our business forward, while feeling motivated about growing a long-term career within the company.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a high-energy, responsive and detail-oriented communicator to develop and execute internal communications in our highly dynamic firm.
You’ll advise, write and edit internal messaging, in partnership with our Human Resources and Support functions. When delivering effective and creative communications, you do it with pizzazz and a smile -- and most importantly, you act with urgency.
You know how to operate with discretion; displaying a balance of the professional and the personable comes naturally to you. You're also comfortable with re-prioritizing your daily to-do list, based on timely work that crosses your desk.
We'll trust you to handle:
- HR content: Our people are our greatest asset, and keeping them healthy and safe is our top priority. Bloomberg has a robust, varied and generous benefits package. You'll inform employees of these offerings, helping them to appreciate and take full advantage of what we provide.
- Policy & operational changes: From launching new videoconferencing technology to introducing new travel & expense policies, there is no shortage of changes to communicate regarding our internal processes and procedures. You will manage this messaging, working with stakeholders to ensure employee awareness and drive any behavior changes.
- Diversity & Inclusion: You'll work with our stellar Diversity & Inclusion team to produce communications that support an inclusive environment where we appreciate differences, empower our people and enable collaboration.
- Training, professional development & performance assessment. You'll drive high participation rates in both required/ and elective training programs and performance review processes.
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years applicable experience working in communications in various subject areas.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- An extremely critical eye for detail. Typos aren't your thing; magnificent execution is.
- Outgoing, self-starting, get-it-done worldview. People trust you – and they like working with you.
- Speed and adaptability, especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Demonstrable content samples (memos, speeches, talking points, FAQs, video scripts, change plans, etc.) crafted to support internal communications campaigns.
We'd love to see:
- Able to get up to speed quickly on Bloomberg's business, priorities and organizational structure.
- A deep interest in organizational psychology.
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals.
- An ability to keep calm and work quickly amidst a crisis.
- Ability to operate with urgency and do eleven things at once – and do them well.
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and customer-focus.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.