Bloomberg Economics - US & Canada Economist
New York, NY
Posted Apr 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 74705
With more than 100 economics reporters and 25 economists worldwide, Bloomberg Economics has an unrivaled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it might be heading. The team provides timely analysis of key data and economics events as they unfold around the world. BE also produces detailed projections and delivers deep insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows. The team offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Terminal subscribers that includes previews of major data releases and economic events, reacts as the numbers break and thematic insights- as well as medium-term forecasts, country primers, daily regional briefs and a weekly call on global events.
What's the role:
Bloomberg is seeking an Economist to cover the U.S. and Canada to join a team of analysts covering the global economy for Bloomberg clients. The successful candidate will be able to provide quick analysis of major data releases and economic trends to a sophisticated financial audience, as well as generating forecasts and creative economic research which adds value for Bloomberg clients. The successful candidate should be able to generate a wide variety of content about the real economy and business as well as financial markets and deliver novel and compelling interpretations of economic data.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in economic analysis
- Graduate degree or equivalent in economics, international economics or related field is required
- Strong background in macroeconomics and understanding of financial markets
- Willingness to provide a consistent flow of high quality analysis, while eschewing ideological or political points of view
- Deep understanding of the construction and implications of economic data/monetary policy/fiscal policy across the economy and global markets
- Ability to generate good content across a variety of formats and speeds, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer term collaborative research into major global economic trends
- An ability to work as part of a team is essential as the candidate will need to work with other economists on a regular basis and also - on occasion - with Bloomberg editors and economics reporters on major collaborative projects of value to Bloomberg clients
- Experience speaking on TV/Radio and presenting to large audiences in English preferred
- High level ability to use Excel and more sophisticated statistical programs to analyze and present data and generate forecasts
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.