Bloomberg Intelligence - ESG Integration Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Aug 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 93424
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, commentary and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies across ten major sectors - as well as the government, credit and litigation factors that impact decision making.
Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
Climate change, regulatory pressures and the importance of human capital are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research and data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. By helping to integrate ESG concepts and data across Bloomberg Intelligence’s research we can help clients gain insight into the potential direction of a company, industry, or market.
We are looking for a highly-motivated research analyst to join our team, focusing on the Integration of ESG across Bloomberg Intelligence.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your ESG knowledge to work with Bloomberg Intelligence analysts across verticals to integrate ESG data and concepts into their research, with a particular focus on Bloomberg’s ESG scores.
- Develop mechanisms to alert industry analysts to key data updates and drive integration of those updates into research product.
- Curate data for and assist in the production of ESG Company primers.
- Train industry data specialists and associates to collect and update ESG data for subsequent research iterations.
- Help develop and maintain industry-specific materiality frameworks for Bloomberg’s Environmental and Social scores and assist with scores reviews and methodologies.
- Develop reports that track and aggregate ESG-related research being produced across Bloomberg Intelligence.
- Assist in the development of research capturing key ESG themes across companies, industries and markets.
You'll need to have:
- Four or more years of ESG research experience, with exposure to ESG fundamental analysis.
- Strong knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks and the ability to examine financial materiality associated with ESG issues, and the metrics used to measure performance.
- Understanding of key scientific, policy, and market developments that continue to shape ESG investing.
- Knowledge of broader financial markets, and specific subject matter expertise in ESG.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills.
- Knowledge of advanced finance and accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and collaborative team-player.
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
We'd love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder.
- Knowledge of quantitative modelling, statistical analysis, and programming.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.