Bloomberg Intelligence - ETF Associate
New York, NY
Posted Sep 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 108908
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence “BI” takes that data and creates insight which drives financials markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professional’s foresight into where crucial industries, sectors and markets stand today and where they may be going.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
BI is looking for a motivated individual who will step into an Associate Analyst role covering the fastgrowing ETF industry. This position will entail constructing data analysis, actively contributing to the research work-flow and conducting investment research and strategy in coordination with their analyst team. The role will also include some client interaction and travel to BI or industry events.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via Bloomberg’s online messaging systems
YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- 2+ years of financial market research experience is essential to have success in this role
- Excellent communication skills: writing and presentation
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting discipline and/or CFA designation
- Solid understanding of Financial Macro Development and knowledge of Python, SQL or VBA is beneficial
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 120,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus