Bloomberg Intelligence - Fintech and Payments Research Associate
New York, NY
Posted Nov 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 111769
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other Companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
BI Associate Analyst – Fintech & Payments: You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for supporting research analysts in the Technology sector generating insights, constructing data analysis and conducting investment research with a focus on Fintech & Payments. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg and industry data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Participate in department-wide special projects
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Manage significant data analysis and modeling responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a focus or concentration in Finance, Mathematics or related degree
- At least 1 year of Fintech & Payments industry or financial market research experience is essential to have success in this role
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills, with high attention to detail
- Advanced excel proficiency, with experience managing large datasets and models
- Industry knowledge of Fintech & Payments
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- Proficient knowledge of companies, industries, financial statement analysis & modeling
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- CFA, Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline is a plus
- Solid understanding of Financial Macro Development and knowledge of Python, SQL or VBA is beneficial
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 120,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus