Bloomberg Intelligence - Operations Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Apr 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 102938
Bloomberg Intelligence research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
The Product Development and Project Management team within BI operations supports approximately 350+ analysts, editors and strategists to assure our written content and data grids are created and curated efficiently and then presented to Bloomberg clients effectively. We are looking for an individual with a good combination of technical, analytical and teaching skills combined with a solid sense of collaboration to serve as a technical project lead within the operations team.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop a deep understanding of newer generation data on-boarding, publishing, and analysis tools including NSD (Bloomberg's non-securitized data storage and retrieval platform), ANWF (Bloomberg's analyst workflow for unstructured data analysis), Data Lake and BQNT (Bloomberg's desktop development environment) in order to find opportunities for BI to leverage and enrich these platforms
- Leverage BQNT to implement various analyst efficiency projects to streamline repeatable tasks
- Drive collaboration between team members from Global Data, CTO and Core Product in order to assist in development of data-oriented client features (e.g., scaling up of thematic content sharing between TIS (Thematic Index Searching) and DECK (BI Analyst theme workflow) applications, offering BQNT applications to clients via published research, etc.)
- Train BI analysts and editors on the use of BI's core set of publishing systems, including EQED and EQRS
- Gather system requirements for improve the usability of BI's publishing systems
- Troubleshoot and raise publishing system issues
- Interact with the global BI operations teams on best practices
- Extensive and proven project management experience (Agile Scrum or Agile Kanban preferred)
- Sophisticated Excel skills
- Python skills (Bloomberg BQNT experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with various Bloomberg data API's (BQL, calcrt/histrt)
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
You need to have:
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.