Bloomberg Intelligence - Patent Litigation Research Associate
New York, NY
Posted Dec 28, 2017 - Requisition No. 64157
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
You would be part of this expanding team responsible for determining the impact of government legislation, contracts, regulations, and litigation on industry, companies and financial markets.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identify and monitor key litigation that have potential to impact business and the markets over issues relating to intellectual property
- Search and track relevant dockets
- Help research and maintain Bloomberg's Litigation Watch lists
- Create and maintain database of court local rules and court statistics
- Support Bloomberg Industries analysts in the creation of breaking analysis of court decisions as well as contemplative analysis of ongoing and related litigation
- Identify, support and maintain critical litigation-related data and functionality on the Bloomberg terminal
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or related field preferred
- JD preferred
- Biotech/Pharma experience required
- 2 or more years of U.S. patent prosecution and litigation support experience
- Knowledge of dockets, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, World Intellectual Property and European Patent Office databases
- Copyright, trademark experience a plus
- Strong writing skills are essential
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Data analysis experience, such as Excel mastery
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- Must be willing to travel to regional offices as needed
- Knowledge of federal and state court rules a plus
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg Professional service a plus.